Shelter Rental Policy
The city’s three covered park shelters are available on a first come/first serve basis, unless reserved for a fee. Reservations for any of the shelters must be made by calling the city clerk’s office at 316-796-1025 during regular business hours.
If a shelter is available, rental fees will be charged in four-hour blocks. Each block will cost $25 for Colwich city residents and $50 for nonresidents. A deposit of $75 will be collected at the time of reservation and will be refunded within 10 business days when the shelter is left in clean and orderly condition.
Reservations must be made a minimum of 3 days in advance of the date requested. Rental fees are non-refundable.
Shelter Use Rules:
- Rental fee only guarantees the rent of the shelter and designated shelter amenities. Other amenities in the park are open for public use – green space, splash pad, playground equipment, etc.
- The renter and participants agree to abide by all state and municipal laws during the rental.
- Driving or parking on any part of the grass in the parks is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs are prohibited in any park/facility.
- Facilities must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Applicant will be required to pay for all damage, loss, and cost of excessive clean-up. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a ban from future rental of city facilities.
- If any damage or loss occurs to the shelter or to any contents, the cost of repairs/replacement will be the total responsibility of the renter and no deposit will be returned.
- Decorations will be permitted as long as no physical damage is incurred to the facility, or the furnishings and they are removed at the conclusion of the activity. Under no circumstances are signs to be nailed, pinned, or stapled to any tree, park sign, facility and/or along the roadways.
- The renter and event participants shall leave the shelter at the end of the rental period.
IF YOU FIND A PROBLEM WITH THE SHELTER BEFORE USING IT, PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE AND EMAIL IT AND A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM TO email@example.com. This will help prevent your deposit being kept for damages.
Special Use Permit - For larger events, a Special Use Permit may need to be submitted and approved prior to finalizing the reservations.